Sunday, November 24, 2019

Three down, and a zillion to go.

I culled my cookbook shelf as well, awhile ago.  I kept the ones I use most, and a couple with sentimental value, but now I see a few more have crept back on.  I very much value my "Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook", the one with the pink gingham cover, or was it red, and has just faded that much? I have to admit that the recipes I now use generally come from the Dr. Phil book.

Yesterday was spent at the gallery in Selkirk.  It was the annual event-- Holiday Alley, where the entire block of the main street is closed off and all the buildings are lit up with events happening all over.  We had asked for only small musical groups with no amplifiers.  That we got--group after group of one or two men with guitars singing---similar songs over and over again.  Finally there was a young lady with a guitar, but her voice was so low that no-one could hear her. But over all it made for a relaxed but sociable day in the gallery.

While out at the Gallery, I took a look around to see if I could spend the $60.00 gift certificate I had won in a draw a couple of months ago.  I found a very nice wreath, and a small daintie tray. Over the years, every time I have ladies over, I serve dainties on a dish from my Christmas china regardless of the time of year. I no longer have to do that.  Black wouldn't have been my first colour choice but it was really the only thing that caught my eye.  I tend to go for pottery when I shop like this, probably because I can't do it myself. As a bonus, it was made by one of the ladies who donated the gift certificate for the fund draw.



The wreath is now hanging on our front door.  Now both of us keep thinking there is someone at the door.




This afternoon David ran a few errands while I sat and enjoyed my coffee at Starbucks.  He had to pick up three prescriptions.  Almost the end of the year, and Blue Cross has run out. $388.00.  "Nuff said about that. Then home where he looked after the wreath, recycling and garbage detail.  I spent time working on the presentation I have to give to the Quilters' Guild.  I had planned it all out and took pictures.  Then I had to insert a note about what pictures I wanted where within the presentation script, at the same time as editing the script itself.  One lady said she would help me with  the pictures, and I sent them all to her, via e-mail on Friday. I have heard nothing from her, even though I specifically asked her to let me know if she received them, even following up with an e-mail yesterday, asking again.

Then I had a thought.  Oh oh. Not usually a "Good Thing".  She had mentioned putting them in a PowerPoint format, and during my trials with the computer, someone had used the word "PowerPoint".  So I checked out the various programs on my computer and there is was.  I played with it, not having used it in 30-40 years, and wasn't I able to get all of the photos in, and in the right order.  I've saved it to a USB stick, but won't say anything to anyone, but rather take the USB stick with me on the day, just in case.

So now we both relax, until time for the football game.  I have offered to go for take-out food, so supper is taken care of.  Maybe I'll even find a minute to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment