Monday, November 25, 2019

My only excuse is laziness

I read the blog everyday but never seem to post. Things have been moving along slowly here. We went to Chloe’s birthday party on Friday. Both Jim and I have been fighting colds but we loaded up on drugs and headed out. Of course we brought Auntie Kik with us.  Chloe’s birthday supper of choice was French fries, spicy chips and cucumbers. The rest of us had pizza. She also wanted the bumps so the 3 grammas there obliged her. We also met her new kitten “Whiskers”. She had been asking for a kitten at thanksgiving and it seems this one wandered into their lives just before Halloween. They put up some found posters and left a message at the vet clinic but no one came forward. It is the friendliest little black kitten. Saturday was the Christmas Wish Sale at the yellowhead. This year I only worked 2 shifts. And left. No stress for me at all. I did buy Sandi her present. She asked for something specific and a vendor had it there. And of course I bought some fudge. The Parade of lights was Saturday evening. Other than one big break in the flow it was one of the best parades yet. Lots of floats, towed by lots of BIG farm equipment and everything covered in lights. Also every firetruck and RCMP car in town. The kids loved the sirens and horns. Sunday we did nothing but watch football. American and Canadian!  Yeah Bombers. I didn’t realize it had been 29 years since our last grey cup win. Today we are going to get together with Jim’s sister Jean for a visit. And so another week starts

No comments:

Post a Comment