Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Be - Burrrr - cold and drizzly

Good to hear all about your fabric day Patty - I can picture it so clearly especially after having attended a similar day at your place a few years ago. Cathy, you really put a push on to get all that work done but what a shame to sleep through a movie. ......And so we are into another week. I had to go to Mothers this morning to orientate a new homemaker to the work. Her current homemaker is off for at least a month for foot surgery and we had to get the Red Cross to send someone else who could take over consistently through this time frame rather than a new worker every week. But there is no guarantee so we may be going through a few rough weeks. I stayed only for about one hour this morning but we go tomorrow again for our regular visit. I just finished baking a double batch of zucchini muffins to take for her freezer, and I have sausage planned for lunch. We went to North Bay this afternoon to get the pictures developed from Mikes grad but at Walmart all the little kiosks were being used and each one had a notice that "pictures developed in seconds" was not available. So we left without pictures, and I am sad.
Patty, I am the queen of procrastination so you cannot practice anymore! I had stuff I should have done yesterday but instead I looked for other stuff to do eg I cleaned out the linen cupboard - sorted through all the sheets and washed and ironed all the pillow cases. So although I was productive, I was avoiding the inevitable that being, to get rid of all the vegetables and turning the cucumbers into pickles, and making space downstairs on the shelves to store them. But I have put a dent into the zucchinis by making muffins tonight.
Here is some news that is interesting...an aquaintance called me yesterday to ask if I would be interested in curling in a league starting this fall at the arena. They are trying to get enough interest to start it up. I said no immediately, of course. Then I started to think about why I could not go, and why I always say no to every potential adventure, and so I called her back and said yes I was interested. Now, I will have to see how it will play out. I have an appt to get my hair cut on Friday and that is always a mood booster. And I still have my luncheon date on Sat Sept 18 to look forward to. Anyway... dishes to be done, and then to bed. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment