Sunday, September 5, 2010

Be - Computers

They say (I never know who "they" is) that computers are like small appliances and last only so long and then it is best/cheaper to buy a new one (newer upgraded model) than to fix a broken one. I guess for this reason it is best not to save too much of importance, or at least to have a back up plan. I hope that you are lucky Patty in retrieving what is most important for you. I don't have any files saved because I don't use the computer for anything other than quick log ons to check e-mail, and to follow and write on this blog. Harry is on the computer mostly the rest of the time.
Busy weekend so far with baking, and preserving but have managed to eliminate a lot of the vegetables hanging around in form of cakes and muffins with the zucchini, and pickles with the cucumbers and juice with the tomatoes, and have made lots of meals of green beans, and pepper/zucchini stir frys etc. Tomorrow it is to Mothers ( it must be Monday again!) and I have pork chops, mashed potatoes planned for the meal with cake and fruit. Today I actually practiced some violin and I must say, I am very rusty. My first lesson is planned for Oct 5 ( my choice not to start in Sept because it will be so busy around here and I haven't practiced much anyway) I have had to use my sewing machine over the last week to mend articles including Mikes dress uniform jacket and it has stirred up my enthusiasm ( need?) to sew again - if only I had the time and space, as I have a lot of ideas flowing. Perhaps as winter draws closer, the time will materialize!
Anyway, hope you are both enjoying the long weekend. Patty, you will have the Ravenesque group over tomorrow, and Cathy, what are you up to? Take care....

No comments:

Post a Comment