Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What a day!

Neither of us has been sleeping well, so we were both up before the alarm at 7:00. David had a 8:00 at Goodyear to have the tires checked. They took a cursory look and said there was nothing wrong with them. After, David spoke to his contact at our dealership, who gave him the name of a company who have a special means of checking them out, but we would have to pay for the test--about $100. However, if there is any problem identified, Goodyear will have to accept the result and we could save a bit on the price of new tires. Then we were off to the grocery store. We are on a strict budget this month, but I took along my coupon for a free ham if we spent over $250 on groceries. No problemo!! So I now have a ham in the freezer, but not a hot clue what the h__l I'm going to do with it. But it was free!! This trip was made particularly difficult as they are in the midst of a major renovation of the store and everything had been moved. Frustrating!

Home for long enough to put everything away and grab a sandwich, then off to Michael's to buy the rest of my paint for the class tomorrow--'cause I had a coupon, you see. Well, they didn't have the colour of paint I needed--but the paint was on sale!! And I had a coup0n!! Common sense prevailed, sort of, and we went half way across town to the other artists' store, because I had remembered that the illustration board was much cheaper there than the ones we found at Michael's, and--wait for it--I had a coupon!! I found the colour of paint I wanted--not cheap--and the illustration board, and she let me use my coupon. Then she carefully blacked out the coupon and kept it. Now last time I was there, I had used the same coupon, and the fellow had given it back to me. I wasn't silly enough to tell her that!

We had also been to Fabricland, where I had a coupon worth 50% off any five metres of regular priced fabric, that had to be used before the end of the month. What a surprise! All of their fabric was on sale and I had a terrible time finding any "regular priced" fabric, but finally, on a back shelf there was sturdy, 100% cotton drapery lining, 60"wide. I had some of this before and found that it dyed beautifully. So I used my coupon.

Then, later was the final part of my pulmonary function tests. He gave me several different short term drugs, one at a time, with breathing tests after each. Of course, he can't really tell me anything, but toward the end he said that I was just "borderline" and he wanted to try one more drug. Now, I knew that this section of the testing was for asthma, but I don't know if he knew that I knew. So there is a remote chance that I'm not a total hypochondriac. Maybe.

So, now its going up 4:00,and we are in rush hour traffic and there is nothing for supper, and we're both beat. So we went to buy a pizza--something we haven't had in ages. We waited for almost 45 minutes, after being told that it would take 15, then got caught in a traffic jam on the way home. However, luke warm pizza still tastes great when you're really hungry. We scarfed that sucker down so fast!!

I ead a response to the very, very annoying " Have great day!" (Barf!) You politely reply " That's not in my plans at this point,but thank you for the thought" Oh!! I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment