Saturday, September 11, 2010

re\; Wind

Yeah! This is the weather I expect in mid-October, not September. I won $20 on Lotto Max last night. Forgive me, ladies, but I'm not going to share. It all got spent on sugar for the jelly we are making today. This is the biggest win I've had all year.

So far we've made 24 jars of bramble jelly with another 32 to go. It is deep, deep red with a marvelous flavour. We shouldn't have to make any more jam or jelly for a couple of years after this marathon. We were both exhausted after the three cases of jam got put away last night, and I notice we are both slowing down already today. Yesterday evening, I spent two hours vegging out in front of re-runs of T'll Debt Do Us Part. I was too tired to sew.

Today was the give-away weekend here. When I looked out there was no sign of anything on the street, but we put our stuff out anyway. While we were walking back to the house the first car stopped. David had to help her take the legs off the table she wanted, but most of the stuff disappeared into her SUV. The rest of it was gone within 20 minutes. When we were out getting the sugar, I only saw one other house with anything on the boulevard--and that was mangy looking kids toys. I know that most of the stuff is destined for a flea market somewhere, but it's out of our house. Earlier this week Amber bought a Nintendo off of some sort of Internet swap group. David and I ended up going over to Giant Tiger to meet a guy " in a white shirt and blue shorts", and giving him money for something we would have had no idea whatsoever if it worked or not. Darren came by later to pick it up and pay us and he seemed really please with it. I wonder how many people in Giant Tiger thought they were witnessing a drug deal or something similar? Actually Amber figured that the price was so good that it was probably stolen.

Thank Goodness for these little moments. We are no well into week two without a desk top computer. David is reduced to playing solitaire on the lap top. For some reason, in the the solitaire program, the mouse has a mind of its own. If it gets too close to the toolbar, it goes berserk, and you have to physically fight for control--so solitaire is an ordeal more than fun--but he's that restless. Tomorrow morning at 9:00 the Geek Squad arrives to set up the new machine. Yes, Sunday morning at 9:00. Great news, but it still means that after finishing the jelly, I get to tidy up the computer room. OMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment