Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Music

Lately I've been listening to some of my older cds. These are often compilations and often contain a couple of operatic pieces--which I've been enjoying. Well, I was in Chapters yesterday, and went into the music section to see if I could find a cd of opera with tenors. With my hearing, I just can't deal with sopranos or violins. Beth, I dealt with the same funny little man as we spoke to when we bought the k.d. lang cd. I thought he was going to pee himself when I told him I was looking for "Opera for Dummies". He found a wonderful compilation for me with a tremendous variety of pieces and singers--including several sopranos. So I had to tell him that I couldn't deal with sopranos and only wanted tenors. I don't think that man will ever forget either of us. Anyway, I ended up with The Best of the Tenors--selections from three different concerts by the "Three Tenors". I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Disaster here. The desk top died on Monday. It's in "computer hospital" ( Ka-ching! Ka-ching!) as we speak. We are told that if it's the operating system, ( their first suspicion)our data can probably be saved, as the hard drive would be safe. If the "mother board"is involved, or the hard drive itself, we can still recover data but it's a very expensive process--and not one that can probably be justified for a home computer. Anyway, David may go into "poker withdrawl" any time now. But with the computer room in a termoil, it gives us a good chance to clean up in there. Unfortunately, I've been keeping all of my important e-mails in folders within my e-mail program. I'm worried about that, along with my e-mail addresses. Thank Goodness I've been using memory sticks for a lot of my volunteer activites.

David took the car in for an oil change this morning, and was told that we have a problem with our tires--they appear to be separating ( whatever that means!) They are fairly new tires with very little wear, so they are calling in an appraiser from the tire company-- who just happens to be on holiday right now. And our service guy is starting holidays on Friday. So it'll be a couple of weeks before anything can be done. They assured him that we are safe in the meantime. We're really hoping to get some sort of pro-rated price for new ones, but, even so, we'll still have to pay for installation and balancing. Amazing how everything appears to come at once. Looks like a lean month at the Findlay household.

No comments:

Post a Comment