Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day by Day

You really don't want to know what I am up to. I fell asleep during a movie I wanted to see and woke up to Failure to Lauch. Not wanting to spoil it for you but they get together in the end. Today I froze corn, put green onions in the dehydrator, did two batches of tomato sauce , put the cucumbers and onions or for another batch of relish, and, believe it or not, I cleaned the kitchen up after every batch!! No wonder I fell asleep during the movie. Sam came over and borrowed the quad to go berry picking. We went to the legion yesterday because April phoned to tell us that her EI came in early and she could pay us for the meat she ordered. While we were there Sam phoned to say that he had some corn for us. April heard corn and, with mouth frothing, asked if she could have some. A low income family (been there done that) with 3 kids, of course we said yes. They came over today and picked up some of the corn and (YES!!) took some of our green onions, too. Their oldest daughter has some development problems, and the two younger ( 10, 9 & 8) tend to band together against Trinity, so I have a soft spot in my heart for her. Sam (the Hutterite with 8 kids) took all of their kids for a quad ride. They were in heaven!! I, however, was fading fast, and by the time every one was gone, I was beat. Jim heated up some frozen hor'd'oevres we had been given, for supper. Now, having slept for an hour, have some energy. Not much though, so I am off to bed. Love Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment