Saturday, September 18, 2010

Be - Here I am... after lots of jam has been made

Do you want some jam? Green tomato jam that is... Harry found a recipe on the internet using only green tomato pulp, sugar and jello. This week at Foodland the jello was on sale so we lucked out - I think in total we must have purchased about 40 packages. And we now have jars and jars of jam, but, we do not have any more green tomatoes. The weather is calling for colder nights which means frost so I am so happy that we will not have to cover anything up. But I think that Patty cursed us with all her jam and jelly making - talk about crossing over to the "dark side " !! Who is going to eat all this jam? I think I shall be having toast and jam every morning all winter - can't you just see my hips getting broader and broader!
Today I went to Huntsville to meet my friends for lunch at Swiss Chalet - and I must say I was very excited for the get together. We had a good visit and lots of talk. Both have and are going through care giving roles with parents and it was good to vent a little bit without sanctions. Each said that their Mothers had cautioned them never to talk badly about their mother in law in front of their spouse - too bad my Mother never had the opportunity to tell me about this cardinal rule. I shall learn from this and hopefully profit from this advise. Perhaps both of you had burning ears because I took pictures of you both from my trip to show them, and talked a lot about my sisters - my friend Sue was the one who purchased a few of your art works at Wilno and was so complimentary in her assessment of your work Patty! Before I met them at noon, I purposely made some time to myself to do a little shopping at the Mall- I bought a Quilting Book at Coles, and some CDs cheap at CD Plus store. I was looking for a compilation CD of Blues Masters and I actually found an excellent one - also a Fiddle CD of Metis Fiddle Music produced in Selkirk Man, and the music CD from the opera Mikado. What a mix of music!! Do you know how excited I was - I felt free and happy just to have had some time to wander! I intend to settle tonight and do some reading of the quilting book while listening to Randy Bachman ( yes it is Sat night again ) and my routine of tuning into Randy's Vinyl Tap show in CBC radio from 7 to 9 pm and then from 9 to 11 pm it is Holger Peterson and the Best of Blues. I have really taken to Blues Music even though I don't really know all the Blues performers names - but with this new CD I just bought, I am educating myself a bit!
Well, we shall be going to North Bay tomorrow to check on Mike's place - he is off to Sudbury and then Sault Ste Marie over the next two weeks with work so we shall help him out with ensuring his place and animals are looked after. I must also wash my kitchen floor tomorrow - with all the preserving and jam making over the last few weeks, I am actually starting to stick to the floor when I walk - sounds like a good scrubbing is in order???
Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment