Thursday, September 23, 2010

Be - My "sleep over" is over

and I am now back home. On Tuesday we experienced a horrific storm with heavy winds and rain causing considerable damage in the area. However worst hit was around Sprucedale where Harry's Mother lives. So after we suffered through no power at home for 12 hours, we drove to her home where I stayed with her until things got back to normal which was this afternoon. Without power and water, it was indeed a challenge for me to care for her but nevertheless, I prevailed. Of interest to me was to watch from her front door the Hydro One crew installing new telephone poles along her street and rewiring all the downed wires. Huge trees were broken and thrown across roads tearing down poles and wires as if toothpicks. It was a miracle that nothing occurred directly on Mothers property or house except the power outage. It was reported that one young Hydro worker was killed in the Huntsville area trying to install new wires as result of the damage. Two people were injured when a large tree fell onto their car. I haven't heard of other injuries. Now, there is a rain warning for our area. One wonders if we are not paying back now for the wonderful Spring that we had?
So I have felt left out of communication for the last few days and suffering from lack of sleep and a clean body! I just had a bath, and after this blog shall jump into bed and hope for a good nights sleep - if the rains come as they are reporting I may have to be up to man the sump pump outside . The water still accumulates under the living room window and seeps into the basement if it is allowed to go over the basement window casing. Thus we use a sump pump.
And this has been my week and by the sounds of the one posting so far, it hasn't been any better for you? So as I sign off for tonight, I think of you both and sent my best thoughts and wishes for resolution of all our worst woes! Take careXX

No comments:

Post a Comment