Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fabric Day

is now over and what a day it was! There were 6 of us, the first arriving at 9:15 ( they were told not to come before 10:00), and then not leaving until 4:00. David and I had spent most of Sunday getting ready for them, hauling stuff out to the garage, washing down furniture and scrubbing out the bathrooms, cutting grass etc. Then when they started work I spent a couple of hours fetching and carrying-mainly from the basement. We walked over to Subway for lunch, but David and I had supplied coffee and donuts in the morning. Can't you just picture me riding home from Tim Hortons with two boxes of donuts in my carrier basket? The sun shone, and the wind blew. We used rocks to hold everything down. I got three, and maybe four, good useful altered fabrics out of the day. And then they left and I was so exhausted that David had to cook supper and then I struggled to keep awake until it was time for bed. Today I haven't even worried about getting everything back in from the garage. It'll get done bit by bit as I need it--although I'm sure David would like his work bench back.
So today it's cold, still windy, and we're huddled in the house reading--which is probably what we'll be doing for the next 7 months.

Heard, today, about a close friend's husband who was doing quite well a couple of weeks ago and has now lost his battle and entered hospice care in Selkirk. This is a very close couple whom I've known for over 30 years. This could leave me as the last member of my stitchery group with a living spouse. Already, I've been sensitive at our meetings about what I say. I have to wonder how this might affect the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment