Friday, September 3, 2010

Be- What a week - what a day!

Left at 5 am this morning for Petawawa and was in time for the Graduation Ceremony. It was held outdoors on the parade square with podium set up and chairs for audience under awnings. What a thrill to see the graduates march on in drill formation to the drums and bagpipes playing behind them. I got a few really good pictures of Mike using my zoom lens but as with my trip, I cannot see what I am taking because of the sun on the little camera viewing space. So it was by guess and by golly but seemed to work. I will get them developed at WalMart on Tuesday. We left the dog at home and when we arrived back at 2:30 pm she was well ready to go outside and pee. I just went up to the corner store and bought a ticket for the draw tonight and also a bag of potato chips. This is a real treat for me and I figured I deserved it for getting through the week! Don't you think that's OK?
The long weekend traffic was terrible and I imagine will just get worse before tonight is over. I am thinking of Mike who is also driving his car back to North Bay with his friend who was also on the course, this afternoon after they had lunch - I will relax when I get his phone call that he is safely home. He says they plan to celebrate tonight once home.
Well, after not being home much this week, I know what my weekend will look like - all the vegetables have to be processed - tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers. But tonight I need to just chillout, or else go right to bed. But then when will I eat my bag of chips if I don't stay up for awhile?
Hope you both have a great long weekend - it really is the "end of summer" isn't it. How is the computer making out at the doctors, Patty? It is always a scary process especially since I know so very little about them and how they work, I would never know if the technicians are credible or not. Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment