Thursday, February 24, 2011

Be - Cookies again

I wanted to post last night but was presented with that pesky notice about "cookies" and "enabling" and did not have the time nor inclination to resolve. Now tonight, I get onto the blog without difficulty - I don't really understand it all but here I am so I guess it doesn't matter and I should just ignore those minor glitches? I just received a phone call from Aunt Evelyn -the couple I helped in North Bay - she has been calling me regularly with updates- it seems the biopsy of Uncle Walters lung mass indicates it is indeed cancer. They are not going to treat him so he will remain at home with her caring for him and gradually deteriorate. I would like to be able to help her more but will let her decide when.
We had the daughter of Mother's cousin (now deceased) come for a visit and lunch at Mothers today. She was a very pleasant person and I had an enjoyable visit. She is 68 years so she relates, and now retired. I believe she wanted to visit to keep in touch with her own Mothers relatives - we had never met her before, and Mother says she had only seen her once.
Good to hear about your art show and "catering duties "- hope it all went well for you Patty. I always really enjoy your descriptions of your activities and wonder how you ever do it all.... Kia car not withstanding? Cathy I heard on the news about herds of horses running wild on the Trans Canada out your way - Virden I think. Sad to think of them being killed by cars and trains - no explanation yet as to why they were loose.
I have been interested in pricing a Manitoba tartan skirt/kilt type skirt. I looked on internet but could not find anything (my knowledge of web searches is limited though) Would either of you have a lead for me? I wondered if The Bay sold them? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment