Sunday, February 6, 2011

Venting

I've always thought that this is the one place where we can vent--if and when we want to. But there is nothing confidential about the internet, as we know.

Beth, I feel for you, and wish I could be with you to pour the wine and open the sour cream and green onion chips, and rub your sore shoulders. Magazines are my indulgence, (among others, I know), so I say "Go for it! Enjoy and savour". You earn every minute of self indulgence.

I've given up my subscription to "Cloth, Paper, Scissors", for the second time. I think it'll stick, this time, but I treasure my "Quilting Arts". I find, now, that I rarely even look at magazines. Instead, I've bought a couple of video's of instruction in various fibre-related techniques, and the various, 13 episode, Quilting Arts series. I'm waiting for series number 700. I ordered them shortly after hurting my shoulder, to give me something to do while I sit and wait for it to heal, but no sign of them yet.

Overall, I think we have all earned every right to pleasure without guilt. We have reached a time in our lives when we have to ask "If not now, when?" Both David and I are now facing the reality of impending physical deterioration. It changes your perspective. With all that has been going on, I'm constantly fighting the specter of depression. I have the choice of becoming a bitter old woman or dealing with it all and looking for silver linings. I found one! With keeping my arm in a sling, my finger nails are growing! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment