Monday, February 28, 2011

Or twist it around

In my mind, it means that, things that I might not do, or consider, if I were working consciously, can influence my thoughts or behaviour.  I can, unknowingly, do or think things to meet a sub-conscious need that would be unacceptable to my brain if I were actively thinking about it.  So my desire to separate myself from the Museum existed only in the back of my mind, but when a socially acceptable reason or excuse for the action arose, the idea immediately jumped to the fore front, even if I had never before consciously considered it.  This can be scary.

But I think I can figure out a way to work it out.  If she will agree to pay me, I will agree to immediately make a cash donation to the museum for the full amount, on the understanding that I will receive a tax receipt, for a charitable donation.

Amber and the girls came for supper last night. We were all exhausted, and sat around staring at each other until they went home.  I gather that none of them had had much sleep lately, and David and I were both tired as well.  Amber says that Darren's father's estate has been settled, and they've been able to catch up with the bills.  Darren has also bought himself a quad--something he's needed for his guiding.  Both of their vehicles have been repaired, which is a load off my mind.  We've still heard nothing about our car, and I have a sense that the longer the delay, the worse the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment