Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spring????

With the temperatures hovering near 0 my thoughts turn to spring. Yesterday I bought a bunch of flower seeds. Today I am anticipating planting them in the starter trays that I have in the garden shed.... the garden shed that I can just about see beyond the massive snow banks in the yard. I may have to rethink my plans. Maybe I'll send Jim to try and find the shed. Oh well... I can look at the pictures on the packages. Kris and Sandi dropped in yesterday. They had been in Neepawa to see their friends' newest baby and stopped in here for a little while before heading home. With rain in the forcast they didn't want to stay very late. They brought me a souvenir from Mexico. It was a wall placque of a aztec pyramid. I have it in the rec room. I didn't win the lottery on the weekend, but I see that noone did. My hopes are still alive. I bought Jim a Valentine's Day card yesterday. Was I ever surprised when I got to the till and it was $5.00!!!!! I'm not sure that I love him that much!!! This morning he told me that he wants to go to town at noon and buy some valentines chocolates. I think he really wants the candy and valentines is an excuse to buy some, but the thought is there. One more week and then I am off for a week. I am really looking forward to it. I watched the opening ceremonies for the Canada Games. Elizabeth's (my boss) daughter is competing in air pistol for team Manitoba. I told Elizabeth that I would look for Caroline but they pan the athletes so fast you can't see anything. Caroline isn't expecting to win, because some of the competitors from other provinces have competed internationally and this is Carolines first major event, but she is really excited about being on the team. Elizabeth and the rest of the family are leaving for Halifax on Monday to watch the competition. I remember how excited I was when Kris competed in the Manitoba Summer games. They only got to enter as the host team, but they ended up with the bronze!! (in soccer... Kris was goalie) I guess it is time to go and stare at the garden shed and sigh heavily. It probably won't have any effect but it is worth a shot

No comments:

Post a Comment