Wednesday, February 16, 2011

night-time day-dreams

Last night (at 1:37 am by my bedroom clock) I remembered Mom playing the piano. I could even hear the song. I hadn't thought about her playing piano for a long time. I think I may even have forgotten. I can see her down the basement (just to the left of the stairs) playing away. Strange how thoughts can materialize at night. I guess it was because I have been trying to remember good things about Mom and having trouble. The good thought came when I wasn't trying. I don't really remember Mom the way you two do. I guess she was starting to be visibly sick by the time my memories formed. I remember hiding in the corn and Mom crying "where's Cathy" and me giggling. I remember taking her the coffee pot while she sat outside and I remember the time she had friends over and I ran outside so excited and announced to one and all "I can 'pop' out my front bum too!" Today Jim gets to eat only clear fluids. He made himself two bowls of Jello yesterday. Talk about desperation. I have a meeting at 5pm, so I guess I won't be sitting around laughing at him as he drinks his golytly. Poor Jim. I remember having to drink that stuff at your house Pati, the day before you and Dave took me to the hospital for surgery. It is not pleasant. I think I have had it three times now and still cringe at the thought. At rehearsal on Monday they had me wear a dress for the last scene. They all laughed at me. I am so glad I could entertain them. I think they have finally come to believe me when I say I am not feminine. The director said, through tears of laughter, that we will work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment