Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ups and Downs

Good news from one sister and scary news from the other. I sure hope Dave is okay, Pati. Winter driving is bad enough on the highways. Winnipeg streets must be awful. I did get started on my house cleaning yesterday. By noon I was thinking it must be 5pm!!! Jim worked on the Rec Room while watching curling, so I won't have to do much there. I bought myself I 360 Swiffer Duster yesterday. I used it this morning on my ceiling fans. Obviously I have never dusted my ceiling fans before! I was even able to reach the one in the entranceway by standing on the stairs and extending my arm as far as I could. Today will be the bathroom and washing floors and then sorting stuff. (Maybe... maybe not...) Even if no one else can tell I will know that I have cleaned. It may still be messy but the underneath is what was getting on my nerves. I made it out to the garden shed yesterday. The snow was up to my crotch. I would have liked to have been watching myself lunging through the drifts! I got my bedding trays and then coming back I tossed my shovel ahead, then gave the trays a push forward, and then lunged forward myself. Reached the trays and shot them forward again. And so on........ I bought potting soil, though. I had some in a big pail in the shed, but there was no way I was moving that through the snow. Flowers here I come. Jim has been having pains in his stomach the last couple of days. With everything that has been happening to him lately, I am making him phone the doctor today. Hopefully it is just because he eats potato chips and jujubes instead of real food. (You'd think his wife would feed him, wouldn't you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment