Monday, February 21, 2011

Be - I better contribute

or else you will forget who I am. I did not have a chance to log on over the weekend. Today we went to Mothers and tomorrow, being Tuesday, we go to North Bay. I like the opportunity to visit a bit with Mike. He called Saturday night to say when he got home from work (he works every weekend as a Truck driving instructor) one of his degu died. Now he has only two left - he likes these little guys and all his friends do as well - they like to take them out of the cage and play with them -they will crawl over you, or just cuddle in your hand, and are very gentle to handle. Well, we had spring last week with rain, and melting but we are back to winter with a vengance. The greenhouse at night can hardly keep above freezing even with two heaters. During the day the sun helps to keep it warmer though. Your stories sound like so much more fun than what I tend to relate to you -although, Cathy, I too made a big bowl of popcorn, but only to watch the Hockey Heritage game on TV. Wow! After supper I take the dog for a walk into town to see how many people are eating in the local restaurants - there are five restaurants on the main street and often there isn't a soul in at least three of them. How can they stay in business I wonder, and then realize that they change hands frequently. Sunday night while I was watching the Hockey, I could hear lots of banging outside. Sure enough, there was fireworks being put off at the town dock - we can see them over the trees out our front window. I guess that the town decided to put them on for Family Day ( new Ontario holiday long weekend the third Monday in February) The fireworks had to be cancelled on New Years because of the mild rainy weather we had then, so better to use them now rather than waste them. It was a bit of excitement anyway! Have a great week off Cathy, in spite of your threats to clean house. And Patty to hear you are back to list making can only mean things are looking up, right? Speaking of lists, I must go and make my list / intinerary for our trip to North Bay tomorrow and then hit the bed. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment