Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Be- nice to see a happy note

I needed to see some "happy, happy" and there it was in your note about your class. It is always so rewarding to sign up, and attend a class where you feel you are benefitting rather than be faced with "the jerk". I felt that way with all my French classes over the years I attended and regret having to stop with them. I was getting so good at verbal and written skills but if you ask me now, I would have to say I have lost it all. Shame really! Well, we got a good bit of that nasty winter storm that went through last night and today - more snow, and wind and cold. The snow plough hasn't gone by on the streets yet but I expect to see a huge snow bank at the road in the morning that I shall have to clean off before we head off to Mothers again. Her homemaker was not able to come today because of the roads, so guess who gets to do all the work tomorrow? Oh well, it makes the time go by faster! I made a French Meat Roll for supper tonight - of course it was very tasty but I always think of you Patty when I make it because I think you got me onto it. I also made blueberry muffins and rice custard pudding for Mothers tomorrow, and Harry will be baking a salmon for lunch. At least Mother eats well! I sewed together another mug matt today.It is good pick up work and gives me the feeling of accomplishing something. I started to sew and nothing was happening and the thread was bunching up and I could not figure out what was wrong until I realized that the teeth were down from when I was doing the free motion quilting. Duh! We were invited to a Birthday party for Feb 12 - Harry's Aunt Evelyn in North Bay is having a 90th Birthday party for her husband Uncle Walter. I really like this couple - when we lived on the Base in North Bay he was a maintenance worker for the military housing - he used to come in and fix something and talk, and talk and I quite enjoyed it. She was always good to me - I stayed at their place when I had to do my placement on weekends at the hospital when I took my Nursing Refresher Course. They have 5 children and they will all be attending with their children so it should be fun. She is having cake and sandwiches from 2 to 4 pm at their Church. His sister lives here in Sundridge so we will be picking her up to go with us. I think it is a bit sad that I get so excited to be going out somewhere and to see people other than Harry and Mother, but who cares, I'll take whatever outtings I can. Anyway, time for bed, so take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment