Thursday, February 24, 2011

Housecleaning

I've been thinking of the Swiffer Duster myself.  I hate dusting.  The tv screen gets done when the picture gets cloudy, and the keyboards--don't ask.  But lately I've been finding myself wiping down counters and the fronts of my white cupboards, and yesterday I noticed the bathroom floor (enough said).  I wonder if women are gentically geared to clean in the spring?  Certainly in pioneer times, that was when you could get your bedding and carpets outside and into the air.  When I worked, the four-day April holiday was my spring cleaning time.

Yesterday we hung the Eastern Mantiboa Artists' Co-op show at Cre8ery Gallery.  The opening reception is this evening.  I have  to pick up three large food trays from Sobey's, as well as taking napkins and plates and dainties etc.  Others are taking dainties as well, so there will be plenty of food. (I just hope there are enough people there to make the food worthwhile)  I mention this because the rental car we have is a tiny little Kia Reo.  Talk about a tin can on wheels!  David compared the motor to a sewing machine motor, but I think the motor in my machine runs smoother.  But Autopac is paying everything but the no deductable insurance, so we make do.  We'll be quite a sight ferrying all this stuff downtown.  I really hope the reception goes well.  This will be my last public official act as Chairman of the Board of Directors and I would like to go out with a bang.

Cathy, I still have your Kraft Canada magazines, and would like to be able to get  them back to you.  I can't see us getting out to Neepawa in the near future, but is there any chance you could drop by sometime when you're in the city?  I also have information sheets and entry forms for the Gwen Fox Gallery fibre art show.  The gallery will be putting it all up on their website but not doing much else.  If I sent them to you electronically, is there any way they could be passed along to the quilters group there?

No comments:

Post a Comment