Thursday, February 10, 2011

Be- Lots of news to read from you folks

First chance to log on and I see much in the way of news from Daddy's ribs, to Dave's kidney stones, to Patty's rehab. It has been hectic here. The 90th Birthday party I told you about is cancelled because he (Uncle Walter) was admitted to hospital over the weekend. I went on Wed to care for him to help Aunt Evelyn out because she was exhausted. I was at the hospital by 8 am driving through snow squall conditions to get up to North Bay and then try to find my way around the "new" hospital that opened Jan 31. It is huge and combined three area hospitals into one big complex. I had a map of the complex detailing parking, entrances, floor plan etc but once you enter the facility you are overwhelmed at it's vastness. However I did find his room and began immediately to start "my shift" I was there until 5:30 pm doing one on one nursing care all day with him. I expect his real nurse was thankfull for my taking over. Aunt Evelyn was able to do some running around in themorning and then went home and had a lay down for a few hours in the afternoon. One daughter arrived from Toronto area in the afternoon, and another daughter arrived in the evening so I was happy to hear Aunt Evelyn would have some help and support. Monday we were at Mothers, Tuesday in North Bay, Wed I went to help as per above, and today at Mothers again. And surprise, we have to go to Mothers again in the morning. The Hydro will be off on her street to replace some poles and for some reason a Hydro man came to her door this morning to inform Harry and strongly recommended that someone be there throughout the outage. I figure they know she is a frail elderly and don't want to take responsibility in this very cold period - whatever!! -we are going. I ask myself "what the h--- is going on with my life" but I don't get an answer, or else I am so busy running around the answers are missing me! So I haven't had time to keep updated with you two - keep writing as it seems to keep me balanced to know I can read "my" family news and feel connected. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment