Sunday, February 6, 2011

We live in interesting times.....

unfortunately its not always the way we want. Pati, you certainly have had things happening lately. And Beth.... I wish I was there to share the load with you. I guess I am the only one just trudging along. We went to a Progressive Conservative fundraising dinner last night. We figured we had to show up since Stu (our MLA) phoned us at home to ask if we would go. The food was good and the speach was short. What else could you ask for. There was extra pie after dinner, so Val (the caterer) made up four "sample" plates (a piece of different pie on each plate). there were two auctioneers attending and they auctioned the pies off to raise money (we did not bid... I think the cheapest went for $50.00) but it was entertaining the hear them auction. I decided that I could have a glass of wine with dinner, but when I went to buy one, Carey gave me the whole bottle free. I guess they had wine for the tables but decided not to put them out unless requested. (Less waste that way) So, I had three small glasses!! (I did share the bottle with the others) Today the wind is blowing again. The snow has stopped but it is drifting. It is nice in the shelter but as soon as the wind hits you it sucks the air from your lungs. I should be memorizing my lines but I am procrastinating again. I have made a start on the last of them and am taking a break. The only bad part is that now we have to start over from the beginning and I have to relearn all those lines! I am going to try and call Kris and Sandi again today. I guess they have been busy since they got back from their holiday, but they are probably accepting the fact that it is winter in Manitoba and they have to work. At least they picked a really good time to be away! I sure hope next week is better for both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment