Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New endevour

Yesterday I took my first hands-on lesson with PSE7. This lady was a delight compared to my previous teacher. The previous teacher ( known as "the jerk") demonstrated things, but was so very knowledgeable that he was often working "over the heads" of many of the students. This lady is foremost an artist. I met her at an art class. She works with painted collages, and uses photos and script in many of her pieces. This means that we can communicate on a different level. She can understand why I would want to do something, and she can tell me how a technique could be used in creating art. I hope the rest of the classes go as well. Now, she didn't even try to do anything in the "organize" section of the program, but that is where I feel most comfortable, using what little I learned from "the jerk". I would like to be better able to organize the photos I have, but I think I'm just going to have to puddle along and sort that out. Before next class, I want to have 5-6 photos to play with in the "edit" section of the program--and I'm sure I can find some that need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment