Friday, June 10, 2011

Be - Another week in....

and here I am wishing all a happy weekend. I shall be going to Mothers tomorrow on my own again, and likely be weeding the garden inbetween other duties. The neighbour across the street started to roof her garage today as Harry had arranged, so the place should be busy and this will be good to keep Mother engaged! I shall be serving some shake and bake chicken breasts which I will enjoy since I like chicken but we do not have it here at home. I am hearing on the news again about flooding threats in Portage, Man with rains raising the water levels and the breaches being opened again. There has been no news for a few weeks as I guess there was no sensationalism and thus not worthy of broadcasting. Nevertheless, the people have still been living through this day by day with little to be hopeful about. I had to send out some important paperwork for Mike today and since can't trust the Post, I went to Puralator - can't believe the cost but had no choice. I really feel "put upon". Even with the price of gas I thought I should have driven the package from North Bay to Sudbury and hand delivered instead of pay the cost. Oh well, it will be there by Monday afternoon guaranteed. We picked up our Coocoo clock from the clock maker today after it had been in for fixing since before Christmas. Somehow the poor clock had fallen into hard times being moved about and boxed up for years. He said he had to reassemble it piece by piece - but it now hangs on the dining room wall and I surprise myself by staring at it and thinking how much I like it and have missed it for so long. Crazy eh? Anyway, time for bed - no score after the first period of the hockey game so off it goes. I had almost forgotten it was Friday night and time to win the Lottery but I had no ticket so quickly took the dog for a walk after supper and now all is well - we have a ticket! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment