Friday, June 24, 2011

Be - Rain Rain Go Away...

We have had nothing but rain all week - same as you folks were describing in your area. We needed the wetness for the gardens but it also means no work has been done outside either. Then I listen to the news about the Souris River and flooding in Minot, and realize I have nothing to complain about. I also hear on the news that the Winnipeg Jets are now offically alive and well. Sure hope the fans/public in Winnipeg can sustain the franchise. Cathy, is Jim going to try to attend some of the games? I expect the seat prices will be quite costly? I have made a batch of Rhubarb/Pineapple jam - only need one batch to get me through the year. And today a double batch of my delicious Rhubarb/Pecan muffins. I just now whipped up a vanilla pudding mix, and added some pieces of muffin, to make a quasi triffle to take to Mothers tomorrow - also plan to bake a Salmon Loaf for lunch. I haven't bought lottery tickets for past two weeks because I was tired of not winning - but broke down today and bought a LottoMax for tonight so its back to the dreaming! Iwas thrilled to discover a white peony in my yard. You made me wish for a white peony Patty when you described your colour variety and so I did a real good search around the yard - they mostly are left alone to fend for themselves but this year I have taken special care of them and so it has paid off - a lonely white peony is starting to open up. Nasty bugs started eating at my new white rose so after a good spraying of whatever it was in the bottle, the bugs are gone but so are all the flowers. Heres hoping new buds will develop. Enough about my exciting life haha. Have a nice weekend. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment