Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Feeling guilty

I'm feeling a little guilty as I sit by myself in my hotel room. I'm in Brandon for the week and am not missing my kids at all. I think - no, I know, that I really needed a break from them. I just haven't had the patience lately that I usually do. We've had a lot going on lately, which may be part of the problem, but still, it's hard to admit that I don't have the patience I need. I'm not to sure about the hotel I'm at. The first night I was here, I tried having a relaxing bath, but couldn't get the plug to work so I gave up and had a shower. I tried again last night and again, the plug wouldn't work. So I went to the front desk and the girl came up to see if she could get it to work. Nope, of course not. In addiition to this disappointment, the tv has turned on by itself at 6am yesterday and then again this morning. So both issues have now been fixed and I am very much looking forward to a relaxing bath tonight.

I came out Sunday in time to have dinner at my girlfriends. We had a wonderful visit. She showed me around the house they bought and are now renovating. At the same time, the are building a new home on the other side of the lot with the intention of selling the one they have renovated and moving into the new one. I wish they would move back to Winnipeg but I can also see that they seem quite happy here. It's a good place for the boys as they are very into hockey and are actually both very good at it.

I am scheduled to be here until Friday but am thinking about going home Thursday evening to get a good nights sleep in my own bed. Usually I can sleep fine in hotels, but this bed is quite hard and I am not sleeping well. Maybe tonight will be better with having a bath and not having the tv wake me up.

It's nice to have you back Rrain. It seems like you've been gone so long. Hopefully we'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment