Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memories and, maybe, regrets

In all of my cleaning of drawers and such I stumbled upon two packagesof photos.  One was of Loren's wedding.  They look so happy, and excited!  ( If I remember, they were well fueled with alcohol, as well)  One of my memories of the wedding was Loren's hair blowing in his face during the outside shots.  Turned out it was worse than I had thought.  I see my smile repeated in my children's smiles.  There is a lovely picture of the bride with David's father.  Father always had a soft spot for pretty young women, and looks quite happy to be there with his arm around her.  Hopes and dreams for the future.

The other envelope was pictures of the gardens around the house on Woodside.  They were expansive and quite beautiful.  David deserves full credit, as most of the actual work was his--even the actual construction of the stonework patio.  A bit of a coincidence our making the decision just a week ago to give up most of the garden and then finding these pictures. 

So looking back over the past 20-30 years, where are the regrets.?  Lost dreams.  Lost potential.  Lost vitality.  Yes, I guess I'm having a bit of a down day (week?).  Definitely feeling my age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment