Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Be - Wow, quite a storm

Up in the night for a powerful wind and thunder storm and lots of rain to keep me manning the pump outside. More damage done in North Bay than this area though where trees were uprooted and power lines down. We lost power a few times but nothing serious. But the storm has helped to drop the temp and humidity that was almost unbearable yesterday. Today I went to meet my friend Sue for lunch in Huntsville. I also had to pay our Hydro bill directly at the office in Huntsville as the pending Postal strike threatens my practice of paying bills by mail. I paid the others eg telephone, cell phone, Sears at the bank in North Bay Tuesday. I really should think about paying on line, or at the bank as a better alternative for the future. Anyway, I had a nice visit with Sue. She gave me a gift of a small quilted table runner that she had bought so I was happy to receive her gesture graciously. She has done this before - brought a little gift for me. I paid for the lunch today but we have agreed to go "dutch" for future outings. Harry went up to North Bay for Armed Forces Day. Mike was demonstrating weapons as part of the military displays for the public and the SnowBirds put on an air show. I had made plans to meet Sue about two months ago so was not aware at the time of this conflict in dates. Thats ok though as it doesn't hurt to do things separately sometimes. Tomorrow to Mothers again - Harry bought ground pork to take and I really don't know what I should do with it - probably make patties. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment