Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Voice in the wilderness

Is that how you're feeling Beth?  I had no idea it was so long since I blogged, and I have no excuse.  How did it get to be Wednesday already??!  Last Thursday I went to a Pampered Chef party at Amber's.  The dealer was a friend of mine from the Artist's Co-op.  A pleasant evening.  They made lemonade--a big mistake in my opinion.  The idea is to demonstrate how the equipment works, but this task made it look far too difficult for me to even consider buying the lemon juicer.  However David had given strict orders to buy a small batter bowl.  Amber gave us one for Christmas and we love it. Would use if much more often if it wasn't always in the dishwasher.

But over the past little while I've been having a terrible time getting to sleep.  Even with a little chemical help, I saw 3:00am this morning.  Then I desperately need my nap which starts a circular process.  This is starting to be a real problem, so today David went out to look for a new bed, and actually found a place where they have queen size mattresses that will fit into the waterbed frame--and at not a bad price.  So we now know that a change is feasible.

Friday my Ravenesque ladies will be coming over.  So today I went down to get started on the "big clean-up".  Big surprize!  The studio was still in pretty good condition from last time they were over.  It took about 45 minutes to tidy up a bit and wash down the work table.  All that's left is to vacuum, and bake a cake.  And I found flank steak at the store yesterday, so guess what the family will be having for supper on Sunday

They are starting to advertise strawberries around here.  We don't expect our farm to be selling any this year as it was one of the first areas to be flooded from the breach at Hoop and Holler bend.  The flooding was much less than expected,but we really don't know what the situation is. And now with a third crest on the Assiniboine expected any day now, there has even been talk of maybe having to open that breach again.  The end result is that, even if we can find strawberries the price will be through the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment