Thursday, June 16, 2011

Finding the positive

The reading glasses are working fairly well, but I can see having to get some half glasses so that I don't stumble around like a fool, when I'm not reading.  I'm also able to sew, which is a blessing.  But--tada--my poker playing has improved.  I guess that, when I'm not able to move back and forth from the tv or a book and the computer screen, I have to concetrate more on the computer, so I'm paying more attention to the game.

I've been working my way through every book in the library written by Linda Fairstein. ( I'm finished with Randy Wayne White) These are written from the viewpoint of a prosecutor associated with the Special Victims unit in New York City.  ( Did someone say Law and Order SVU?)  But often the main focus is on locations within New York City.  The the building's place in  the history of the city is provided in great detail and it's fascinating. Equally interesting is the history of some very recent changes in the law and the prosecution of sex crimes.  Yes, I'm living vicariously 'cause there is nothing interesting in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment