Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What is Old??

I think that old is just an attitude... some days I feel 90 and some days I feel like Daddy did. He used to say he was 18 in his mind and didn't know when his body betrayed him. Of course I always figured that if you didn't grow up you would never grow old. (Me and Peter Pan). It is raining out again today. It must be going on 40 days and 40 nights by now. Or maybe those 1/2 days when the sun peaks out means we have to start counting over again. You must be excited, Beth, to meet the "girl friend". It really is another step in letting go, isn't it? It was our friend Twilight Sam's brother-in-law, Souris Sam that left the colony. Having said that, we found out last year that Springhill Colony (where we get our chickens) gets their turkeys from the same colony as Sam did. We got them from Springhill last year and ours were quite good. Jim has to go and get some chickens soon. I was all set for a beer-can chicken last weekend and we had no chickens left! Last night we had chicken breast cut in pieces and wrapped in bacon, cooked on the bbq. The shrimp Anna made were so good that I wan't Rrain to try something. I think we have a new favourite meal for bbq now. Not healthy, I know, but so good. Tonight was to be steak, but if the rain keeps up it may be cooked in the house. Rrain is really working hard in her job. I think she has already done more in less than a week than the last 2 people did in a month. She even hung a show in the gallery yesterday. I am not sure what I do all day at work right now. I am busy all day, and go home so tired, but I never seem to get anywhere. Today will be a bit of a lost cause because we are getting some training on the new public access plans. We have been using it ourselves for a while, but now we need to learn how to help the public access it. I think we will probably learn something ourselves from this. Our new furniture is not arriving until July 12/13 so we have a bit more time to clean up our offices. And we really need the time, believe me!! Time to get ready for work. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment