Sunday, June 19, 2011

Neepawa

It has been a long week in Neepawa. Rrain has started her new job and I hope she is not too overwhelmed by all that has to be done. I had sooooo much to do this weekend but the best laid plans........ the vacuum broke at the office, and while we were trying to cut a big cabinet out, the fire alarm went off. I reached the RCMP and told them there was no fire, but the alarm company put us on hold!!!! When the fire department showed up they were very understanding and were glad there was no fire. The facility manager phoned us and Jim was very vocal on the fact that we were put on hold by the monitoring company. Maybe things will change. We took our vacuum in and finished the office. On Sunday, I was determined to finish the grant for VCC but people came over. Sam, a hutterite from Souris that has left the colony, and his family came over. They can't go to Twilight (where his wife's family lives) because they have "left" but they can come here and if lucky, peoplecan visit. Some people from Twilight stopped by, but there was one guy in the van that would not get out because Sam was here. The kids can't even visit their grandparents without advance permission (which they did not have this weekend).. they bought some burgers and buns and bbq'd here. Anna (the wife) made some bbq's shrimp wrapped in bacon.... WOW. I am going to try it with chicken so Rrain can eat it. Now I really have to work on the VCC grant. I need some info so I will stop by tomorrow and try to get it. What can I say.. Life goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment