Friday, June 17, 2011

Coincidence? I think not!

I recently finished "The Templar Throne".  He's obviously trying to ride on the coattails of Dan Brown, but adding a little more action.  By the end I was thinking that it was getting a little unrealistic, but I still enjoyed the read.  A lot of what I've been reading is a little heavy.  The Linda Fairstein book I finished today was very much an ode to Edgar Allen Poe, with many poetry quotes, and parallel plot development, but also a tremendous amount about the life of Poe.  So now I'm looking for a little comic relief and plan next to read one of the "The Cat Who----" books by Lillian Jackson Braun.  I've read several of them and have enjoyed them. They, too, are mysteries.  I've read other books where cats are involved and think those where the cats speak or do very human things are just too stupid for words.  In this series the cats behave like cats and the protagonist simply interprets their activities in bizarre and humerous ways, but still ends up solving the mystery.

We managed to get out on the bikes twice this week.  I so very much enjoy it, but I'm also thinking we're getting too old for it.  The grass David planted in the two garden spaces that have been de-commissioned is growing nicely and can now be seen quite readily from the kitchen window.  We have some very nice ferns in the front flower bed on the north side and a very nice peony in the one on the south.  So we're filling spaces with perennials.  But the rain is wreaking havoc with many gardens. And the papers have another article every day about the troubles the farmers in the province are having.  Not looking like a good year for very many people

No comments:

Post a Comment