Monday, November 21, 2011

Brown Betty

Excellent – exactly what I was looking for. After I went skating, without any major injuries to my body or dignity I might add, I came home and made a dish. I was thrilled to get this recipe as the others I have used all had rolled oats and weren't really as great tasting as I remembered. Now as for the hand written recipe, if I actually wrote it, then it really isn't Moms is it? But on the other hand, why not? I'll let you decide. To make it again though, I would reduce the amount of brown sugar in the topping as it was really sweet and I baked it a tad too long so will shorten the length in the oven next time as well.
We were at Harry's Mothers place all day wrapping salt and pepper shakers. Harry had a request from a lady who was interested so we wrapped all the remainder ( 445 sets to be exact) Harry let her know how many and she has now replied that she didn't really realize there were so many and that she cannot afford to buy them all. So now what do we do????? Harry's brother will be coming down again on Wednesday and he and Harry will load up his truck with stuff that Harry has boxed up as well as some furniture. My place continues to be filled up with each trip we make there and back. As well, the auction Harry attended Sunday afternoon produced yet more stuff. If I weren't afflicted with acedia, I might be worrying  haha! Tomorrow I go to Huntsville for my diagnostic imaging tests and plan to slip into the Mall for a browse and likely a Tims coffee – all by myself. There you go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment