Thursday, November 17, 2011

Snow

First real snow fall today but fortunately it will not stay for long. Snow squalls hit further south with a much larger amount of snow fall. I cleaned pots and dishes today as I mentioned I was going to do the other night. The pots are some Harry bought for his parents with copper bottoms. They are a good set but we really didn't need any more pots. The up side of all of this is that the set included a double boiler. Now remember our conversations of some time ago about cooking porridge in a double boiler. Since then I have looked for one at the cheap stores but was not lucky. So now I have one. My goal with the cleaning was for "perfection" ie spotlessly clean. After scrubbing for hours my intentions turned to "I guess that will do". At least I am content with the results and will actually use them. We went to Mothers again this afternoon and I cleaned the bar area in the rec room, and then we loaded more garbage and dumped it at the Sundridge dump. We have been hauling all the garbage here. This morning Harry headed up to a small town past North Bay to pick up an electric organ from Free Cycle and it is now sitting in the front room with all the other stuff. I tried it out and I think that I will be able to catch on fairly quickly and be able to play it but when? and also where ? will it find a spot in the house is still unknown. I love the Kraft book What's Cooking just like you Patty and find some really interesting but very usable recipes. I usually have all the ingredients and if not, I will adjust the recipe to fit my needs. I made some sliced potatoes with grated cheese in muffins tins (called galettes) for supper tonight and it was quite tasty. hope to finish the Berry novel tonight – it is taking so long to read as I can only get through a chapter or two each night as I am usually too tired and my eyes are too sore. I go to the optometrist next week and will be asking for a new prescription hoping it may help with my vision. I find I can't see anything with these current glasses – they are trifocals which I got when I was working and needed something for the constant computer use but now just want to read labels and books haha. All for now

No comments:

Post a Comment