Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Slowing down

I knew last weekend would be a horror no matter what.  The car accident upped the ante a bit.  Everything is now back on track.  When David went into make the appointment for the repairs, the fellow took a moment and put the bumper back in place.  It is now completely safe to drive and even looks fairly good.  Yesterday was my last commitment at the gallery in Selkirk until the 26th, although I have a word processing job that I need to do for them in the next couple of days..  Monday was supposed to be a  day in the studio but seemed to pass in a bit of a fog.  I sat down in the living room while David was watching Antiques Roadshow and woke up when the program ended.

So now we just have the usual commitment for the next couple of weeks--my painting class and a quilters' guild meeting, then my stitchery group next Tuesday.  I had wanted to get a haircut, but the deductable has put that off for a couple of weeks.  Last time I had it done, I asked for a little more length--enough to tuck it behind my ears.  For some reason she left an area all around the crown quite long.  It means that I have to use my curling iron every day and have to blow dry it, for volume, whenever I wash it.  A bit of a bother, but I certainly admit that it looks much better with me spending a little more time on it.  I also have to use a little hairspray--not good in this house.

So, I'm grateful for time to sit and relax this morning.  I'm grateful for the recipes I got from Kraft this morning, as more than one of them shows potential.  And I'm grateful to David for picking up the slack this weekend when my mind and energy were elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment