Wednesday, November 9, 2011

where to start....

Hard to jump in with any interesting messages when I haven't written for awhile, and life here continues to carry on in it's usual manner! However, exciting yesterday as we went to North Bay – saw Mike for a bit, and did some shopping. Harry needed a new catalogue book for coins so dropped into the Coles Book Store . Immediately I spotted the long awaited volume number 4 of the Christopher Paolini Trilogy  - yes, there is a fourth book just published so they are calling the series now the Inheritance Cycle ( the other three books being Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr) All about a Shadeslayer and Dragon Rider about to save civilization. It was on sale for $20.00 so I could not resist as I have purchased and own the other three. I look forward to getting into this huge novel but intend to finish up the latest Steve Berry novel I am currently reading albeit, slowly. Cathy, I believe you have read the other books as well.
Today Harry is at his Mothers, as both his brother and sister will come also and it will be the first opportunity for the three of them to discuss ``things``. Ted is driving down alone this morning, and Donna has taken the day off work. Harry and Ted will spend the night there as Harry will help Ted to load up some glass fronted cabinets that he requested.
For myself today, I plan to make an apple pancake – the recipe you sent to me Patty ``The Like Original Pancake House Apple Pancake``. That will be my treat! Patty, you mentioned something about the idea of moving in a few years so I am curious as to what you will be looking at – downsizing to what – condo, townhouse, or apartment. Well, I hear on the news, and see pictures of all the snowy weather you are experiencing in Manitoba right now. Hopefully it will dissipate on its way east! It is raining here right now, but the temperature is milder and therefore, no snow for now. I have the yard all in order ready for winter. On Monday afternoon, all by myself (Harry went to his Mothers) I hauled out the huge heavy ladder and attempted to clean out the eavestroughs full of leaves. I did a great job except I had some difficulty carrying and moving the thing, and consequently, I have a few bruises and stiff joints to account for my trouble. Harry still wants to put a new door on the greenhouse which it will need before spring comes, and seedlings are planted and the heaters are in place. I expect we will be out there in the wind and snow one day trying to install. On that happy note, I bit ado for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment