Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What a day!

All sorts of odds and ends today--and all of them cost money.  I went out to buy some beads for the second of my Milky Way series. We found some lovely white beads and I even bought a small container of Swarovski chrystals-bicone shaped.  Then we went to get a new camera card.  We were dreading that, as the last one cost us over $60! But not this time--$11.99!  The young fellow told us that not only is the technology much cheaper, but that the card is a much larger one and I should have no problem with high resolution pictures.  While we were there I stepped into the large woman specialty store next door.  This is one I rarely ( once very two years??) get into.  Well--I bought my new clothes too soon!  However, I showed marvelous restraint and only bought a pair of nice grey cords.  We got them home and discovered that she had charged me incorrectly, so David insisted that we go back and get it fixed.  So we decided to finish the Christmas shopping while we were out.  Luckily I was able to put supper in the oven on delay timer, so we came home to a hot meal.

 Now we have to get the house ready for Christmas before Amber and the girls come over for supper on Sunday.  David got the tree out and it's set up ready for decorating--a quick job that may just wait for the little ones to help me.  Next on the list is the Christmas dishes--always a bit of a chore and one I always need help with. We've also decided to make some cookies this year.  I had planned to do it tomorrow, but we both need haircuts so that may take precedence.

And--I'm keeping myself very busy in the studio.  It is so great to have projects on the go again.  However, not eveything goes well.  A couple of days ago there was a bit of a crash and when I investigated I found a plastic jar--about a 1 quart size-- of beads had fallen out of the corner cupboard where I keep them.  The lid had broken and there were beads everywhere.  We are still cleaning them up.  They were "junk" beads, and some I will probably never use, so we found another jar and off they go to the thrift store.  The basement bookcases have been sorted out yet again, and there are more books for the library, to be delivered tomorrow.

The bonus with all of the new energy I seem to have is that I am busier and working harder so sleep a little better.  So for today, I'm grateful  for having had a good night's sleep yesterday, that allowed me to just about finish the Christmas shopping today.

No comments:

Post a Comment