Sunday, November 20, 2011

Early Sunday

and here I am pondering the days activities. Already have a load in the wash and drier. With the smart meters and time for use pay periods in place now, I tend to do my washing on weekends as usually by 7 pm on the weekday evenings when it switches to the lowest rate, I am on my way to bed so not really in the mood for doing wash. Weekends are set at the lowest rate until 7 am Monday morning so I feel a bit more at ease taking my time.
To Mothers in am yesterday and sister Donna came for a bit so Harry was able to discuss a few things there at the house that needed to be decided upon. The salt and peppers shakers were all organized in nice little rows and counted now that most of family have chosen what they wanted to take. This morning at 10 am a couple from near North Bay are coming to view what's there with intent to choose and buy to supplement their current collection of over 1000. It would have been nice to say take it all, but then I understand they don't necessarily want duplicates. Harry's sister Donna will be there to meet them so it means we will not go today at all (unless Donna needs Harry) Harry plans to go to the auction this afternoon, and I plan to go to public skating at the arena – first time for me this year and actually last year too, as I couldn't ever make it. They had unknown hours posted for public skating and unless you went to the arena to check the times, you wouldn't know. During the municipal election campaign I told one new fellow that the use of the facilities would be better attended by public if hours were set regularly – then families could plan accordingly. What do you know, the schedule is now Mon and Wed 10 to noon, and Sundays 2 to 4 pm. Did I have any influence? – probably not but it works out better for me in the long run!
Yesterday I cooked a nice beef roast for supper and purposely planned it to be able to watch the CBC matinee Hockey game from Winnipeg featuring the Jets versus the Flyers. It was a good game and first I have seen start to finish in a long time. Winnipeg won – third straight win in a row, but I was just more interested in seeing the MTS Centre and the fans celebrating a team "returned". Now today Winnipeg Blue Bombers play Hamilton for Grey Cup Eastern privileges, but that I will not get on either TV channel.
Tuesday I go to Huntsville for Bone Density, and them Mammogram – get them both done in one morning. Hope the roads will be good for travel as there has been some snow and blowing in that area over last few days.
Now I have a question – to get a really good recipes for Apple Brown Betty – something like we used to eat at home? I can make up any number of recipes for Apple Crisp etc but it never tastes quite the same. Is there such a recipe that either of you have, or maybe one you've tried that fits the bill? Thanks
Time to face the day by having my last cup of coffee for morning, and take dog for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment