Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rest and Relaxation are in order

By the sounds of your adventures, I would think a bit of down time may be called for. For all of us actually, but as I am acutely aware that may not be possible in our lives. So maybe a half measure of rest could be achieved. That occurred for me today – up to North Bay as usual for a Tuesday, and saw Mike which is refreshing. But as a highlight,  viewed the Portraits of Honour Tour display that is making it's way across the country. The artist has created a 10' by 40' oil painted mural with all the faces of the military men and women who have lost their lives in Afghanistan. Very moving tribute and I was quite touched. Try to see it if it comes your way. We did not go to Mothers today as planned so it is a bit of a rest (ha) We shall be heading out early in the morning though so will likely be a full day again. We had a full set of encyclopedia and science books and dictionaries dated 1962 that no one wanted so harry put it up on kijiji for "free" and actually got a response from a student at Canadore College in North Bay so we made a fast trip to Mothers last evening to pick them up and were able to deliver them today while there. The alternative was to dump them as no one today is interested in out dated reference books. Much has made it's way here and tonight I shall be cleaning up some pots and pans, and some pyrex loaf pans that I think may come in handy. So everyone have a quiet week if you can – I had my car in for winterization today and apparently the rear somethings are "warped" and will require replacement.  It has something to do with the brakes so I guess I better action that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment