Friday, November 4, 2011

Hi, it's me.....

and a moment to send a long overdue message. An analogy I could use that seems to describe things right now is that of being in a hurricane. I have never been in a real hurricane but imagine that the last few weeks I have been in the turmoil of the high winds and rain, and now I am in the "eye". That means I expect to be thrown into the turmoil again soon as we sort through the remains. Harry is at his Mothers place with his sister today and I was able to stay home and do some badly needed housework. But I did manage to walk over to the library to return an overdue book, and past the Red Brick Cafe where I bought a coffee to sip on while I made my way to the Lottery store to purchase some tickets which I haven't had for some time. So it sounds as if there is some semblance of normalcy for today anyway. Harry's sister insists that he take the old chair in the living room that he always sits on, and on which his father sat, and apparently his grandfather. So this morning I carried, on my own, the easy chair we had in our front room, and put it outside to be taken to the dump, and cleared a place for the chair I expect to be coming. It comes with a foot stool so will need a bit more room, and it is one that leans backwards (similar to an easy chair) so needs a bit more space behind. His sister is mournful to the point of tears still so she will need a bit of time to feel better. We were at Mothers yesterday where I cleaned up, did all the linen and remade all the beds. Harry started to pack up family pictures and when his sister came in about noon she became very upset because she wanted some time to be in the house alone and see it just the way it was. So Harry and I left. He is back there today with her and it appears things may be a bit better. Time will ease some of the anguish but it makes it harder for Harry who wants to forge ahead and get everything done as he needs to as POA and Executor. Anyway, I'm happy to be back on track with the blog for now, and glad to see all the messages and glad to have two sisters who are thinking of me. Amazing how those zen hugs travel over the miles haha XX

No comments:

Post a Comment