Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Joy of Sisters

I have been reading the blog every morning and today I get to join in. I stayed home from work today, since I have been feeling "coldish" and tired all week. I have such a busy weekend with the craft sale and the Dicken's reading that I decided to be sick on work time instead of my own. This way maybe I will be feeling better by the weekend. I remember Mom's Brown Betty. Brown Betty is made with flour and Apple Crisp with oats. Too little too late, I know, but I have been following and now I have Mom's recipe! The weather has been up and down here. Lots of snow and now it is warm and melting. Just in time to freeze and have a layer of snow dropped on top of it. Oh joy! We have discovered that the 4 wheel drive on our truck is not meshing properly. Therefore we don't have it when we need it. Good thing we have warranty. The bash in the side has been fixed and looks fine. Since the truck was new, there is no difference in the paint and it looks the same. I love the truck, but I wonder if it is cursed? I know I am staying home to get some rest, but I see the laundry and the dusting and the cleaning and somehow I have to do something. We have our kitchen cupboards half on. The hinges we have won't work on some of the doors and we can't find any in Neepawa that will work. It makes it easy to get things out when there are no doors! :) After Sunday things will be slowing down here. The main projects will be over. Except that we are ripping out the floor in one room at Viscount so that they can put down the new one. They would install the floor for $1000.00 if we did all the prep work. (emptying the room and pulling up old carpet and baseboards) It was a pretty good deal, especially since we have a $1000 grant for the new floor. I think I will have something to eat and do something ambitious (like napping!)

No comments:

Post a Comment