Sunday, November 6, 2011

Good analogy!

Looking at my calendar for the next couple of weeks, today's peace is to be treasured.  And since there will be little girls here for supper, that peace may be short-lived!  Have been trying to clean the studio.  When I had students here a couple of weeks ago, one of them left some dirt on the floor, and I finally got around to washing it--NOT!  Could not lift the stain, no matter what we tried, which lead us to look around for others and we sure found them.  David thinks it may be moisture  or something else coming up through the concrete floor underneath.  I could have cried!  All of the money we spent on having that new floor put in and now we have big ugly stains in it.  We have spoken of selling the house in a few years, and this will be a problem should that day ever come.

It's true that when you look for work to do, you find it.  I can see that I will have a week of housework someday soon.  I hate to do work , and not be able to see a difference, so, of course, I have to leave it until I'm sure that the difference will be noticed.  I think the time is here, so plan to tackle some of it over the next week, because, come Friday, I won't be around much for almost a week.

It's early in the day, so I'm not really sure what I will be grateful for come bedtime, but right now I'm grateful for finally winning a poker tournament last night--my first first-place finish in almost two months.

Friday afternoon we drove out to a huge art sale at the racetrack.  There was so much to see, such a variety of styles.  A few of the artists were acquaintances and we spent time talking with them.  A windy day and hard on gas, but it was nice, for both of us, to get out.  And I got a treat--Timmie's French vanilla.  It has a little coffee in it, but tastes wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment