Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Good Day

The horoscope for Picses said that today would be a good day and it was.  Not for any big, earth shattering reason, but rather for several little reasons.  David helped me get veggies ready for the stew I planned to cook in the Crock Pot this morning--or should I say that David did the veggies and I supervised.  So supper was well in hand by 10:00.  Then we headed for the doctor's office to get those ugly black stitches out of his nose.  As we pulled into the parking lot another car was pulling out of a handy spot, so we just pulled in.  The other car stopped and the woman came over and offered us her parking receipt that still had almost 3 hours on it.  The wait was short and the stitches came out and now he is almost back to normal.  Still some swelling and a scar, but these should disappear over time.  A quiet relaxing afternoon.  I finished the quilting on my most recent piece and now it's ready for binding--which will wait for finishing until I use it Tuesday to demonstate for a student.  A short nap and enjoyed supper--which wasn't cooked to death despite being in the pot for a lot longer than expected.  We both won money playing internet poker tonight, ( it's been a long drought) and then I actually got to watch Prime Suspect, before reading my e-mail.  A very nice note from an acquaintance saying she had been out to the gallery and was very, very impressed with one of my pieces.  This is another artist whose opinion I respect.

Now I'm grateful for those laid back relaxing days when life just feels good--and I'm grateful for the privilege of a good shot of Southern Comfort at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment