Thursday, November 10, 2011

A few tears but a big job done

The bulk of my books are gone.  It has taken almost two years, but I slowly sorted through my fibre/craft books, and now, they have all gone to new homes.  At one time I had one of the best focussed collections in the city. By doing the job myself, I made sure that they went to appropriate places.  It still represents a big step for me.  While I understand the need to do it, I still expect that I'll go through a bit of a mourning process.  So much of my life was invested in those books.  I have one shelf left out of two 7" book cases, but what's left is pertinent to my current interests.  So about 2/3 of my supply stash is gone, most of my periodicals, and now the books.  However, I'm not yet ready to get rid of my collection of dvd's.

No comments:

Post a Comment