Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy moments

Yesterday I went to Huntsville for my tests and had a nice morning full of a few happy moments. It was not the tests that filled me with joy – just to get that straightened out! My appts were for 9 am and then 10 am but fortune was with me and I was out of the hospital by 0930 having had both completed. So I went downtown and into the new quilt store. I believe I mentioned that last month when I went to the doctor I slipped downtown to go into the quilt store and they were all packed ready to move out of the space and across the street into a new place. I had to reluctantly leave without having had a browse. Yesterday I ventured into the new space – a bit smaller but nicely laid out and very bright. The first thing I spotted was a rack with magazines for $1.00 so chose a April/May 2011 Quilting Arts that had an article on using "found metal" , and one on "stencilling and stamping" that had attracted my eye. I seem to be attracted to found items and haven't a clue what I shall ever do with any of them. I do a lot of thinking and visualizing rather than actual work but that can be fun and fulfilling in it's own way! Then I spotted a bin of FREE patterns – so sorted through that and got about 10 that I thought may be interesting reading. While looking at the shelf of books and other magazines my hand immediately grabbed Quilted Symphony by Gloria Loughman. So many memories from last summer (year and half ago)and I still even have that hand drawn coloured picture I made while with you, Patty. You were able to sew your piece right away that you fashioned, but mine is still in the raw paper form hanging on my cork board. And funny sort of coincidence, when I got home the newest Canadian Quilter magazine was in the mail waiting for me. So lots of reading to look forward to when I can get to it.
I made a batch of Daddy' ribs for supper and made rice to go with it and even had a bowl of brown betty left over to finish up. Talk about warm and fuzzies....So all in all my day was fine!
We are still working everyday at Mothers. I shopped for food in Huntsville at the Metro store in the Mall and then delivered it to Sprucedale on my way home from Huntsville yesterday as today Harry's brother from Kirkland Lake is driving down and to stay overnight with Harry tonight, and his sister has taken the day off work to be there as well for today. Hoping they can be productive. And I am at home with a long list of things to do. It is bright and sunny so I'm sure I can squeeze in a walk with the dog. There is skating at the arena from 10 to 12 noon today as well but I am afraid I shall have to skip that for today. My eye doctor appt is at 4:25 pm today here in Sundridge. It is great that one day a week he comes down to Sundridge from North Bay which makes it very convenient. So I have a full day ahead and better get at it. I just made a pot of coffee though (bad bad on me for making a second pot which I really shouldn't be drinking but decided to splurge haha) and having a cup while writing to you. Would be better to be sitting at the kitchen table with you both, but I'll take what I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment