Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The airwaves are alive....

What a thrill to log on and see all the back and forth talk – and especially about food! Of course I think fondly about all those favourites you have mentioned however, it has been my experience over the years that to serve such meals is not received as favourably as you two recount. My kids loved tomato soup on toast with pieces of cheese cut up and melted in the soup. And I always liked the fried potatoes with pieces of bread and cheese – I know it was an attempt to expand the amount but still delicious. And if we think about it enough we might even mention the liver fried to leather!!! (OK, maybe not) How about caramel dumplings? And I loved Uncle Barnies stuffed white fish – either of you remember that?
I am now under the weather catching some of the bugs hanging around the house from Harry and have a bad cold and cough (and ear ache) that kept me awake last night, and thus laggy today. Why does the darn cold always hit you worse at night? We bought some pork chops yesterday and we just had them barbequed – a late lunch/early supper so to speak which is good as Harry has gone to bed and I am able to check the blog. The cold snap seems to be over for awhile and the temps are hovering around the freezing mark which makes it easier for me to regulate the greenhouses. I bought a few more clothes yesterday at Resources /Value Village and plan to actually take stock of what I have but to be fair these purchases are for me to wear now and not necessarily just for the trip although some could serve that purpose as well. So that's it for now – great to hear from you both. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment