Sunday, March 11, 2012

Must run in the family this week...

Another one of those weeks ( same as you both apparently !!) and try as I might to write a few words, nothing came to mind. I figured if I told you exactly what I was doing, you probably would think I was making it up for dramatic purposes. Thus the airwaves from here stayed closed, but as I opened up the blog just now, was very happy to read your notes and brought back some inspiration for me. I will be thinking of you in The Pas Cathy and send my best wishes for an enjoyable sightseeing kind of trip as well as productive in the Crib business. The weather has had me stumped for the last few months and also has had me running to keep the homefires burning ie the greenhouses and I now say plural because we started up the second greenhouse yesterday – and this came as a result of some very tricky work to cover the top with polyethylene after removing the broken glass panels. There were others things I had to do to get it ready over the last few days but I really won't get into it – remember I'm not going for the implausible dramatic here!! And we also are using the propane heaters in there which scare the living bejesus out of me! But we enter another week starting tomorrow so I have high hopes of some light at the end of the tunnel, as they say, especially with the weather. Our roof is all but clear of ice and snow now – I had the roofer over to look this week, as I complained to him when we started to have water dripping in the front hall. Apparently it has been a bad year for ice and I have two options – next winter be sure to clear off all the snow around the bottom every time it snows so the ice won't build up, or install electric wires around the bottom. He said he would install them free in the Fall if we wanted to purchase them – he would come and measure and tell us what we needed. I guess I'll be cleaning the roof of snow a lot next winter haha  So thats it for now, and to bed for some much needed rest as I said, tomorrow starts another week all over again. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment