Sunday, March 4, 2012

today's adventure

is baking Almond Cholate biscotti from scratch.  We had a terrible time getting the batter mixed, David ended up doing it by hand--literally.  They baked for the first time,a nd my recipe said to let them cool for an hour, before cutting them again and re-baking them.  David thought this was too long, so I hit the internet and researched Biscotti recipes, ending up on the Kraft site.  Sure enough, their recipes said to let them cool for 10 minutes, so we did.  It worked very well and the second baking went well.  They tasteso good!  So I melted chocolate,  dipped them, and now they're in the fridge to cool.

We slept in this morning, and had a lazy breakfast.  then sorted out everything from yesterday and got it put away.  Nothing more scheduled until thursday, when I see the OT.  Maybe I can relax and get some stitching done.

No comments:

Post a Comment